In-house lawyer, Senior, Belfast
Your new company
A leading international legal practice renowned for their high quality of banking, corporate, international capital markets and litigation advice are now seeking an in-house lawyer to join their Business Acceptance/Client Engagement team in Belfast.
The Business Acceptance/Client Engagement unit is a dedicated department that scrutinies the on-boarding of clients prior to doing business and providing advice/legal representation. This position is exposed to a variety of distinct areas of law including regulatory, commercial, GDPR, litigation and as such is a broad and interesting opportunity that may appeal to lawyers with experience in these areas.
Your new role
- Being an in-house legal specialist/expert in relation to client form Outside Counsel Guidelines (OCG) and own form Engagement Terms
- Having principal responsibility globally for the review of OCG and proposed amendments to Terms, including requesting and obtaining input from the specialist support departments (e.g. Data Privacy/GDPR and Information Security).
- Providing expert advice and counsel to Partners and senior BD staff to support the negotiation/agreement of Terms/OCG with our Clients.
- Analysing and resolving (or, where appropriate, facilitating resolution of) professional, legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to OCG and Terms arising from reviews of such terms and/or which are referred by BAU analysts, paralegals, in-house lawyers and by Partners and all other levels of lawyer and support staff.
- Exercising judgment as to when to refer issues of the type listed above to senior management, the Global Head of BAU and/or the BAU Partner and Global Head of Risk and facilitating the resolution of any such issues referred.
- Responding to, and managing the team's responses to, queries addressed to the members of the team relating to OCG and Terms.
- Monitoring changes in practice, professional rules, regulations and the law as affects OCG and Terms globally so that these can be reflected in guidance to Partners, its standard form precedent Terms (including International Standard Terms of Business (ISTOB)) and the business acceptance and client engagement policies/processes.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to be a qualified lawyer with proven experience of contract/commercial law and contract reviews.
- Experience with a top tier firm or other professional services firm is highly advantageous with a strong background in commercial, M&A or finance transactions or dispute resolution.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary and company benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.