Senior In-House Lawyer - London - £80,000-£110,000
Senior In-House Lawyer in Top Law Firm – London
Are you a private practice lawyer with strong academics and looking for a change?
One of the top global Law firms is looking for an experienced lawyer to join their team as a Senior In-House Lawyer, reporting to the Global Head of the Business Acceptance Unit.
- Processing requests from partners to accept new legal matters including performing anti-money laundering and background checks on new clients and performing conflicts checks
- Obtaining required evidence of identity for new clients
- Screening, analysing search results and determining whether or not the new legal matter is clear of conflicts
- Authorising the opening of new legal matters when checks have been completed
- Facilitating the resolution of legal conflict issues, often in consultation with senior management
- Proactively putting forward resolutions to legal and commercial problems
- Determining the need for information barriers
- Reminding lawyers of the need to ensure that the terms of engagements are clear and documented and advising on unusual/non-standard terms
- Dealing with business acceptance queries (including conflicts and anti-money laundering ID queries)
- Designing, implementing and delivering training presentations and other development programmes for lawyers and support departments
- You must be a qualified lawyer with substantial PQE
- Strong academic background, including a minimum of a 2:1 at degree level
- International experience with a leading top tier firm is highly advantageous
- With a strong background in multi-jurisdictional transactions or dispute resolution.
- Excellent task management skills and a proven ability to manage multiple tasks under time pressure.
- Ability to analyse facts and scenarios thoroughly and quickly
- Experience in relation to Conflicts Management.
- Experience in reviewing and opening on sanctions and AML would be preferred.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
"Office Assistant jobs in London"