Senior Import Merchandiser
£22,000 - £26,000 plus benefits
NJR are currently working with the UK's largest creator, importer, wholesaler and distributor of innovative fashion clothing for all major high street stores and due to their ever expanding growth are now looking for an Import Merchandiser to join their team.
The candidate will be looking after Major Branded accounts with the supervision from the senior buying team; Liaising with both our suppliers and customers and Dealing with all internal and external customer enquiries for example ship marks and price queries.
- Responsible for chasing in lab dips, print strike offs, bulk fabric and sample submissions ( sealer samples /pre-production samples / production samples / press samples)
- Raising purchase orders, packaging / label orders (care labels, brand labels, price labelling) and dispatching to our suppliers
- Maintaining the critical path.
- Liaising with our shipping and deliveries department, ensuring that goods arrive are processed and are delivered on time
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of the garment development process, making decisions and being totally responsible for managing all problems, concerns and issues to achieve workable solutions
- Managing the critical path of the product development process of specified products / brands through from the design concept to production
- Ensuring those concerned are aware of the critical path dates, organising key schedules and meetings in-line with the critical path, and implement / communicate any changes as and when they occur
- Constantly working to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the product development process
The successful candidate will be experienced in a similar role ideally in an Importer. You will have experience of dealing with a Far East supply base with in depth knowledge of the critical path. Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite
Apply online or further information please call one of our specialist consultants on quoting reference number: NJR7414