Senior Import/Export Coordinator (Automotive)
- 6-9 month contract
- Immediate start available
- c£14 p/h
- 37 hr week
My client, one of the world’s leading Automotive businesses are seeking a SENIOR level import/export coordinator.
The daily work is related to Import and Export activities moving automotive parts between suppliers and customers on a global basis.
The primary function is to:
- Manage major accounts, including identifying, proposing and implementing countermeasures for concerns
- Build and maintain customer and supplier accounts
- Provide budget data within the monthly sales forecast, giving variance explanations
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to Coordinator as required
Additionally the role requires active contribution to compiling and achieving the section business plan and related budgets, whilst taking ownership of pricing and profit control for the related area.
Raising quotations, purchaseordersandinvoicesinlinewithcustomerorderrequirements
Confirmallpurchasecosts andsalespricesarecorrectandinline withtherelevant quotations
Dealingwith customerandsupplier querieseffectively
Proactively manageageddebt tomeetcash flowtargets
Provide coverforSectionLeaderroleduringperiods of absence
Otherresponsibilitiesinclude butarenot limited to:
Calculateforward orderstomeetproductionschedulesandaccommodatesupplierand shippinglead times
Ensuregoods areImported/Exported throughcustomsusing companyforwarding agent and Supplied to theagreed point of delivery
Develop,maintainandimprovesuccessfulrelationships with companycustomers andsuppliers
Maintain an effectivefilingsystemof pastandcurrent businesstransactions
Administration experiencewithin Purchasing/Logistics/Sales Co-ordination or asimilarfield
Excellentcommunication(verbal& written) andorganisationskills
Fully conversant withMicrosoft office(EspeciallyExcel-Intermediate to Advancelevel)
CIPSorsimilar qualificationwouldbeanadvantagein thisposition.
Continuous improvement& challenge
Suitable candidate must have:
- Import/Export experience
- Administration experience within Purchasing/Logistics/Sales Co-ordination or a similar field
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and organisation skills
- High levels of accuracy
- Excellent numerical skills
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office (Especially Excel - Intermediate to Advance level)
- Full driving license (manual transmission)
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.