Senior Implementation Manager
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 2HU
Salary: £45K - £50K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
The Senior Implementation Manager’s core responsibility is to drive delivery of estimation, planning, management and execution of high profile, high value customer facing implementation projects and/or internal product development.
Acting as the primary point of contact between Ingenta and the customer during the planning, implementation and early life support phases, the Senior Implementation Manager is pivotal in building a good relationship with the customer, ensuring requirements are defined, milestones agreed and project plans adhered to. The Senior Implementation Manager will be responsible for ensuring Ingenta resources are allocated and team members directed appropriately.
In addition, the Senior Implementation Manager will be an active member of the team (incorporating sales, marketing, product and technical staff) and may be required to take part in the sales process, providing support in the form of product and implementation expertise. The Senior Implementation Manager will also be an active participant in agile Scrum teams, so Scrum experience is highly desirable.
The candidate will ensure that Ingenta meets its commitments in managing customer facing complex projects to time, scope and budget.
Key responsibilities include:
- Apply project management skills to devise and maintain a workable plan: covering initiation, scope definition, planning and control, risk, issue and dependency management and effective project closure.
- Implement (and aim to improve) standard project management processes that ensure optimal delivery and communication internally and externally throughout the project life cycle.
- Plan, gather and document business requirements for new projects liaising with Product Management, Information Architects and Engineering as appropriate.
- Coordinate projects and tasks within the Online Solutions Division.
- Ensure the most efficient use of people, time and resources. Providing status and budget reports and tracking information.
- Ensure good, regular communication takes place to all project stakeholders and managing the client relationship.
- Actively manage scope, applying change management as appropriate - pushing back and managing client expectations.
Essential skills needed:
- Demonstrable Project / Programme experience, qualifications and knowledge of best practices
- Agile delivery experience, preferably Scrum.
- Strong facilitation skills - leading workshops and meetings
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal - experience of writing clear and concise documents.
- Strong people skills - diplomatic and able to manage without direct authority
- Highly organised proactive individual
- Ability to effectively build relationships at all levels, including executive level stakeholders
- Broad commercial and technical knowledge developed in a fast-moving web environment
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt to a changing technical environment
- Ability to work under pressure and identify priorities appropriately
- Willingness to travel to client sites occasionally
- Experience and knowledge of academic publishing
- Web CMS experience
- Awareness and experience of user experience and design approaches
- Formal scrum training / scrum master qualification
Enabling information providers of any size and in any space to create, manage and monetise their content effectively through innovative software solutions and consulting.
Ingenta is the world-leading provider of content solutions that transform business. We cover the publishing process from end to end with our suite of commercial products, content and advertising solutions plus client support and professional services packages. Combining our unmatched publishing knowledge, global operations and customer support with our extensive technology products and service offerings, we offer the industry’s only full spectrum of solutions to help publishers manage and monetise their IP effectively and bring content to life. Listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange, the company operates jointly from Europe (Oxford) and North America (Boston and New Jersey), with local offices in Brazil, India and China. Assisting over 450 trade and scholarly publishers for nearly 40 years, Ingenta solves the fundamental issues content providers face.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Ingenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).