Senior ICT Officer
Based in Cardiff Bay, we are looking for a Senior ICT Officer for our client.
The Senior Officer (ICT) provides vital 'back office’ and 'user support’ to staff focusing on ICT tasks carried out on a daily or ad hoc basis. This includes repairs, maintenance, support and the introduction of new software and hardware systems. It also involves support to users when working remotely from home or client sites.
1. Desktop support - responds to the needs of ICT users throughout the organisation by:
- setting up equipment (including video conferencing)
- managing repairs and maintenance
- installing updates and equipment upgrades
2. Fault resolution- detects, diagnoses and resolves faults/issue with desktop, server and infrastructure hardware/software.
3. Security - ensures that the systems are being updated in a secure and compliant fashion with specific attention paid to include responsibilities for perimeter, end-point and software security.
4. Server and network support - ensures optimum systems performance by undertaking:
- regular monitoring of systems performance
- routine maintenance
- maintaining software/ security updates for servers
- maintain the back-up and disaster recovery plan, including participating in off-site disaster recovery rehearsals
5. Development - development of new technological solutions, project delivery and provide training and support to users.
6. Information and record-keeping - maintains accurate Asset Management records, up-to-date and accurate technical documentation, and procedure/installation guides
- Practical experience of Windows Domain management (AD/DHCP/DNS/WSUS/GPO/WDS/NPS) and associated security aspects.
- Significant experience of Windows Server 2008/2012 installation/configuration and role implementation.
- Practical experience of MS Internet Information Server (IIS) and presenting web applications through it
- Experience of MS Exchange 2010/2013 management (ActiveSync, Outlook Anywhere, OWA, Android client).
- Experience of supporting MS Windows 7/10 Office 2010/13/16.
- Practical experience of server virtualisation using Hyper-V 2.0.
- Practical experience of MS SQL Server 2008/2012 administration.
- Practical experience of SharePoint 2010/2016 administration.
- Practical experience of desktop and server hardware fault resolution and provisioning
- Experience of switch/firewall/WLAN architecture
- Experience of project management and delivery.
This role carries a salary of £30344 .
The closing date for this role is Monday 16th April.
Please note: a full application form will need to be completed following your intial application by CV TO Fresh Recruitment
- Disaster Recovery
- Technical Documentation
- Fault Resolution
- Working Remotely
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job