Reporting to: Technical Architect
Long Tall Sally (LTS) is the world's largest fashion retailer for tall women. Our ongoing mission is to be the first choice in tall women’s fashion worldwide. All our clothing is designed in house, carefully proportioned to flatter tall women.
Based in a stunning brand office space in buzzing Aldgate East, the head office of LTS is the creative hub of the brand where fashion design, buying selections, fit sessions and branding decisions are made. It is also crucial in providing the infrastructure and network support to their worldwide stores and online operations.
LTS is a dynamic company that has seen significant international growth over the last 5 years and we continue to expand into new markets. We are an omni-channel retailer, taking orders online, through our call centre and our physical retail stores in locations across Europe and North America. The success we have achieved to date is through the quality of our people, their dedication and passion.
Our website is the key sales channel for the LTS business and our in-house Web team is responsible for growing and maintaining the platform and infrastructure it runs on. Our current team works on a wide variety of tasks including the following:
- • 3rd party integrations.
- • Apache configuration.
- • Automating deployments.
- • Data cleansing and archival.
- • Environment design improvements.
- • Infrastructure monitoring
- • Improving user journey performance.
- • New promotional functionality.
- • Performance testing and tuning.
- • Security testing and remediation.
- • SEO enhancements.
We are growing our team this year to take on more of the above and larger pieces of work including; a major hybris upgrade, payment and translation integrations, and launching additional translated websites. If you are a seasoned Ecommerce developer, looking for a challenge and a diverse workload, this opportunity is for you…
Duties & Responsibilities of all Developers:
- • Adopting agile processes and methodologies to improve team workflow.
- • Participating in sprint planning meetings:
- – Identifying dependencies
- – Highlighting potential challenges and solutions
- – Evaluating task/story complexity and providing realistic estimates
- • Carrying out new developments and bug fixes for the website
- • Ensuring code standards are in place and followed
- • Improving code quality via code review, automated testing & pair programming as needed
- • Providing testing guidance for all new functionality
- • Demonstrating completed functionality/bugfixes to BAs, QA analysts or stakeholders as needed
- • Providing feedback and suggestions in the team retrospectives to improve team delivery and environment
Required Experience & Skills:
- • Ability to think in innovative and creative ways.
- • At least 3 years industrial experience gained in any relevant industry sector.
- • Development ticketing/lifecycle management tooling experience.
- • Excellent communication skills in English; both oral and written.
- • Experience of technologies such as Bean Validation, JSTL and REST/SOAP Web Services.
- • Exposure to Agile methodologies (RUP, Scrum, TDD, RAD).
- • Hybris Ecommerce platform experience .
- • Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- • Operates at all times with integrity; adheres to the highest ethical standards in all interactions.
- • Spring Framework experience.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- • A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a computer-related discipline Java & J2EE core API experience with focus on web based projects.
- • Bitbucket, Confluence and JIRA experience.
- • Exposure to JMeter or other performance load testing tools.
- • Object Orientated Design Experience with UML.
- • Hands on configuration of web servers and application containers.
- • At least 5 years industrial experience gained in any relevant industry sector.