Senior HSE Officer - International Electronics Group
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (Relocation available)
Salary: £35-45,000 + Benefits
Bourns is a leading global supplier of reliable high quality electronic components and solutions, designed into virtually every type of electronic system including automotive, telecommunications, computers and industrial applications.
Bourns offer exciting and challenging careers for growth-oriented professionals. Bourns UK operation is based in Bedford and has an established worldwide reputation as a leader in the design and manufacture of Circuit Protection Semiconductors.
This exciting and challenging position is a key role for the continued and future success of the Communications Division of Bourns. An integral member of the Bedford Engineering team, this position will report directly in to the Senior Management Team.
- To ensure all legal obligations under Health and Safety and Environmental Law are complied with and aim to achieve best practice.
- Report on health, safety and environmental compliance to local management, to enable performance to be managed and targets for improvements set.
- Provide advice on health, safety and environmental matters to all staff to enable safe, healthy and sustainable working to be planned and take place.
- Co-ordination and delivery [where required] of all Statutory Risk Assessments.
- Liaising with external bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environment Agency.
- Investigate incidents and accidents to discover underlying causes and make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure Compliance to all IPPC requirements is maintained.
- To lead, motivate and mentor staff promoting a culture of Continuous Improvement and 'Right First Time’.
- Deliver and/or source appropriate training and mentoring in health and safety skills to staff to enable them to understand and comply with their duties.
- To effectively lead communications relating to HSE requirements across the business.
- Achieve the agreed quality standards throughout operational areas.
- Lead the Health & Safety Committee.
- Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (or equivalent)
- Experience of H&S management systems and their operation
- Proven experience of advising on health, safety and environmental matters in a manufacturing organisation
- Strong influencing skills to achieve compliance
- Ability to interpret legal requirements and explain them in simple, pragmatic ways to enable others to follow and comply
- IT literate (MS Office)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and solution finding skills
- Positively embraces and supports changes to working practices and processes.
To apply for this extraordinary opportunity please e-mail, or call for more details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"