Our Client are a Global organisation with their UK Head Office based in Slough. They are looking for a Senior HR Generalist to join the UK team and provide a comprehensive HR support to the management and employees, specifically for the Slough site. There will be UK travel with this role to other sites. You will need to be CIPD qualified with sound knowledge of UK employment law and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Provide advice and guidance to leaders on employment and employee relations issues including company policies and procedures, terms of employment and employment legislation, ensuring fair and ethical management actions at all times. Identify and clarify problems; evaluate potential solutions; implement selected solutions; coach and counsel managers and employees. Ensure policies and procedures are updated in line with legislation changes.
- Be an active change agent, focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organisation structures providing direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- Play a key role in supporting the development and training of leaders of people and employees. Identify training needs and skills gaps and deliver training programs and support performance improvement plans.
- In conjunction with the Talent acquisition team and as determined by the HR Manager, deploy the company recruitment and selection process, including raising requisitions in the online system, advertising jobs and supporting hiring managers in the interview process ensuring high potential candidates are selected using Leadership Model competency based questions.
- Work with managers and the Compensation and Benefits team to manage employee compensation, job descriptions, annual merit reviews, incentive plans and employee benefits ensuring fairness, consistency and equity in line with our compensation philosophy.
- Ensure all new starters receive appropriate orientation into the company.
- Ensure the payroll amendments are administered accurately and on time and liaise appropriately with the payroll department and employees.
- Prepare metrics related to key HR data and respond on time to requests for reports. Collect and analyse data and recommend courses of action. Ensure the HRMS system is maintained fully accurately and that regular audits are implemented and work with the HR Services team to process administration.
- Support the implementation and coordinate the administrative requirements of Organisational Capability Assessment, Succession Planning, Apex, training plans, the employee survey, sales incentive plan and other employee related processes, including of the pension scheme and flexible benefits program.
- Monitor attendance levels and implement controls as appropriate, including liaising with occupational health and conducting home visits.
- Be an advocate for employees, responding to their need for information on policies, procedures, benefits, pay etc and develop positive working relations with employee representatives.
- On occasion travel to other sites within the remit.