We’re currently seeking a Leamington Spa-based Senior HR Manager to work within a state of the art, high throughput diagnostics laboratory environment.
The Senior HR Manager role will operate within the Lab to lead the development and execution of forward-looking people planning and the implementation of change aligned to the HR strategy and organisational objectives.
The role will adopt a customer centric approach with its client group, building a solid understanding of the business strategy and developing effective people solutions that help achieve business objectives while enabling staff to build their capabilities. The role will deputise for the HR Director in their absence and will be responsible for the day to day management of 3 HR Managers and one HR Assistant.
Service delivery & relationship management
- Build trusted relationships with their client group, developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of the wider organisational context, the relevant external environment, their business areas and priorities, and the consequent people implications
- Challenge Manager’s thinking, influencing decisions which support the achievement of Lab’s corporate objectives.
- Identify trends, needs, conduct analysis and develop insights to support their client group in implementing strategies to address people-related themes which support business needs.
- Work with the HRD and client group to co-create and drive a Lab people plan which considers internal/external, current/future influences and supports the achievement of the following:
o Talent management/succession planning/resource planning to drive mobility, professional growth, and support retention (and reduce single person dependency).
o Performance management to drive high performance culture.
o Responds to Lab people survey results to build engagement and staff advocacy
o Considers the diversity and inclusion aspirations of Lab and other corporate responsibilities and ensure embedded in people practices.
o Enhances the wellbeing of staff and supports smarter working principles.
- Work closely with other HR, Training and Resourcing colleagues to support the effective execution of the people plan
- Coach and guide leaders around a broad range of people-related matters including talent management and performance management
Key Outputs and deliverables
- Seen as a "trusted advisor" by their clients and other senior managers who is customer and solutions focussed and has the right to challenge
- Co-creation and implementation of their client’s people plan (covering resourcing, talent & performance management, reward management, L&D planning).
- Attendance at senior management meetings, recognised as trusted and influential HR partner.
- Lead and deliver on key and cyclical HR/OD projects, as agreed HR Director delivering them on time and in budget.
- Production of regular management information - contributing to other reporting responsibilities where necessary
- Contribution to/completion of internal continuous improvement initiatives
- Completed, risk managed complex ER matters*
This role requires you to be an experienced and effective HR leader with a passionate desire to excel in People Services and lead and inspire their team.
- CIPD qualified (MCIPD or above)
- Commercial knowledge and acumen - broad understanding of business operations and key issues facing the Lab
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders on HR/people matters - challenging and changing senior level behaviours and thinking to those which support positive organisational change
- Sound technical at least two areas of HR specialism (e.g. organisational change, TUPE, equality/inclusion)
- Experience of project managing, designing and developing a range of HR programmes to time and budget
- Experience of providing commercial, risk-based advice to senior employees on complex employment relation matters*
- Clear, concise communications skills using a range of media - e.g. engaging presentations, facilitating group sessions, the ability to write effective business papers and wider people communications
- Leadership and management skills which enable effective development and appropriate management of HRBPs and/or those being project managed
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting people and organisational priorities and respond quickly to emerging people matters
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement, anticipate issues and use initiative as well as create innovative solutions
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, discretion and use initiative
- Interest in/commitment to advancing the organisational equality/inclusion agenda,
- Sound IT skills including Excel
- Strong team-working and customer-focus ethic
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, factory or distribution centre
- Sound technical knowledge of TUPE
- Business Strategy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'