Senior HR Business Partner, based Trowbridge (Wiltshire) with regular travel to Nottinghamshire
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to take on a fast-paced role as Senior HR Business Partner for a recently acquired business which is now part of the RM Group. This part of the business (RM Resources) delivers physical and curriculum resources for schools and nurseries in the UK and internationally.
Reporting to the Group HR Director, your focus in this role will be on working as a true business partner, contributing at board level and working closely with the MD and senior managers to develop talent, improve employee engagement, design and implement resourcing strategies and drive and deliver organisational change initiatives.
As Senior HR Business Partner you will be a key member of RM's dynamic and proactive Human Resources Team which partners the business providing forward looking generalist and specialist support across the Group. The HR team devise and implement plans to ensure that RM is prepared to successfully meet the challenges ahead in terms of appropriate structure, resourcing, skills development, staff engagement and performance standards. The HR team has a key part to play in ensuring that the company has the best opportunity of realising its potential.
RM consists of three distinct businesses and as a group we create and maintain an extensive range of innovative solutions and services - all designed or selected to meet the specific needs of educational users. Our people are hugely passionate about delivering for our customers and making a difference to teaching and learning. We're in a key period of change for RM, as we are in the process of merging and integrating a newly acquired business into the RM Group.
- Working with the business to contribute to the development of a strong performance culture by ensuring that objectives are aligned with business strategy, that effective management practices are implemented, and that innovative opportunities for learning and development are provided.
- Change management activities in line with the integration of the new business
- Design and deliver HR communications for a varied on-going communications plan.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of employee engagement in the business areas by reviewing staff survey outputs, agreeing plans of action with directors and managers and monitoring progress against plans.
- Work with senior management teams to ensure they have the right talent in place to deliver their business objectives.
- Design and deliver HR initiatives and projects to support achievement of organisational objectives. Project work is varied and encompasses many areas ranging from management development to culture change.
Skills & experience
- Graduate calibre, preferably CIPD qualified.
- Substantial experience in a generalist HR role.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of employment law basics
- Experienced recruiter
- Thrives in a forward thinking, fast moving environment.
- Confident presenting information and influencing decision making