We have an opportunity in our People Team for a Senior HR Advisor, based at the retail support centre in Speke, Liverpool. This role is responsible for providing effective and efficient HR support to a designated region of stores and operational teams throughout the business.
As a Senior HR Advisor, you will act as the main point of contact for line managers, providing ER telephone advice for a high volume caseload, proactively dealing with colleague issues and playing a vital role in the departments’ tasks including:
- Line management responsibility for a HR advisor
- Providing all aspects of generalist HR advice, including disciplinary, grievance and performance management + management of absence processes
- Providing complex employee relations HR advice and guidance to senior leaders
- Responsibility for dealing with trade unions & solicitors including tribunal cases
- Upholding Company policies and procedures
- Inputting data onto the HR systems ensuring that all the info is accurate & up to date
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR processes and practices
- Maintaining Company confidentiality and high standards of professionalism
- Deliver training & represent the region, out in the field, as and when required
- To undertake project work / ad hoc duties in line with the needs of the business and ongoing development of the HR department
The skills/experience required are:
- Experience of working in a generalist HR function
- CIPD level 5 qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Working knowledge of employment legislation
- Experience working with Trade Unions /Acas negotiation
- Line Management skills
- Experience of partnering with senior stakeholders, providing generalist support
- Commercial awareness to understand the needs of the business
- Capable of managing and prioritising a demanding workload in a reactive environment
- Strong letter writing skills & attention to detail
- Ability to ensure confidentiality
- A flexible approach to work and able to travel across the Region
- Drive, motivation and positive can-do attitude is a must!
If you are looking for a challenging new role, where you have the opportunity to add value and make a difference, apply online today!
B&M Retail are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all colleagues.
Please note: the Recruitment Team at B&M are managing this vacancy directly and therefore will not be accepting CV's sent directly from agencies. Thank you