We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Sunderland for their search for a Senior HR Advisor. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible.
- To provide specialist talent management and recruitment advice to the company.
- To provide advice, guidance, support and challenge to managers, colleagues, internal and external customers, employees and partner organisation on HR Policy and development, case management and re-organisation, to support resolution of HR issues.
- Receive and respond to customer issues within the specialist area, and provide advice on HR issues, some of which can be complex.
- Some negotiation may be involved when working on projects or pieces of work, as required (for example with trade unions on proposals, or service managers, or employees), in order to achieve an acceptable outcome.
- When required to give evidence at employment tribunal on occasion, or advice directly at hearings or appeals, in order to assist in ensuring matters are dealt with in line with HR policies, and to seek resolution of HR issues.
- To produce HR policies which meet legislative requirements and organizational objectives.
- Development and delivery of specialist HR training to Company/Schools.
- Understand and assess the service requirements of customers, in order to provide input into work plans and setting of objectives and contribute towards ensuring effective service delivery.
- Supporting the development of new and existing members of staff, in order to share knowledge and experience. Promoting the adherence to the Company Induction Policy.
- Contribute to plans and strategies for service improvement (e.g. SAP optimization).
- Working with the HR Manager in the delivery of the Recruitment & Retention strategy.
- Ensuring the maintenance of effective establishment control processes; enabling the reporting of accurate HR data to inform KPIs.
- Participating in the roll-out of an internal 'HR Knowledge Zone’, ensuring that HR colleagues are kept abreast of the latest development/changes impacting on HR service delivery.
- Contribute to the review of the Company HR offer (SLAs) to meet Service/School requirements; ensuring value for money and maximizing income. Developing a clear process for annual review/promotion and marketing of the Company HR offer
- Assist in the monitoring and auditing of conformance with policy, procedures and management system requirements.
- Be actively involved in continuous improvement projects, team meetings and training as required.
- Delivering a high level of customer care through adherence to Customer Care principles.
- Handling confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
- Other duties and responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of this post.
- The post holder will be required on occasion to travel within the City as required to undertake the role.
- Graduate/Associate membership of the CIPD (or working towards);
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Previous experience of recruitment and talent management.
- Previous HR Advisory experience providing services to the Children’s workforce.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines, including the ability to prioritise workload to meet customer requirements, working at a fast pace and coping well with higher levels of workload.
- Managing an allocated caseload; planning and organising workloads;
- Handling problems and difficult situations calmly and sensitively.
- Thorough knowledge and ability to interpret complex HR procedures/policies.
- Work effectively within a busy team environment be helpful and co-operative with others.
- Achieve results when working solely on their own or within a team.
- Manage own workload, including reprioritizing tasks when required, to meet challenging and sometimes conflicting demands.
- Provide Customer focused skills; attention to detail, time management, strong IT skills and evidence of problem solving.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills to balance conflicting and competing demands across full spectrum of HR management.
- Share information obtain information and have dialogue with others, either in writing, in person or over the telephone.
- Be able to work effectively within a busy team environment, be helpful and co-operative with others.
- Effectively use a PC to write reports/assessments, record information or input data.
- Be confident on challenging other professionals appropriately.
- Self-motivated, resilient and committed to excellent social work practice.
- Use appropriate methodologies to keep abreast of new developments and technologies to ensure the service continually improves and meets the demands required.
- Take ownership and responsibility arising from own and others’ case work appropriate to the level of the post.
- Be willing to lead by example and promote excellence.
- Reliable and self-reliant and to seek guidance when appropriate.
- Keeping up-to-date with new legislation and best practice.
- Meet the travel requirements of the post.
- Work outside of normal working hours to meet the needs of the service.
- Great public sector client
- Easy location to travel to
- Varied and interesting job role
- Great resources
- Great team culture
- Any support required is provided
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'