PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior HR Advisor will be responsible for the support of an efficient and effective HR function to include casework and the delivery of the Learning and Development Strategy
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE
The principal two areas of responsibility are:
- Provision of casework support to managers
The Senior HR Advisor will have the necessary skills to support managers with a range of statutory employment policies and practices, to include managing attendance, disciplinary, grievance, maternity, flexible working, probationary and Improving Performance. Whilst he/she will have allocated responsibilities, he/she will be expected to work in collaboration with colleagues within the section to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. He/she will also work closely with other members of the Human Resources Team, contributing to development of a range of initiatives and achievement of objectives.
- Coordination and delivery of the Learning and Development Strategy
He/she will be responsible for ensuring that key objectives, relating to the Learning and Development Strategy are achieved.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the HR function within Aspire to achieve relevant professional standards.
- Providing advice and support to managers and staff on casework issues.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a range of external organisations.
- To provide regular updates to the Senior Management Team on case work activity.
- Deliver specific HR advice to support the senior managers in the development of relevant policies within the HR function projects relevant to the pos.t
- To oversee and ensure effective management of the apprenticeship levy.
- To lead on the development and implementation of the Learning and Development Strategy.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- To lead by example to ensure that Aspire demonstrates commitment, through its culture and actions, for all aspects of diversity in the population it serves and the staff who provide the services.
- To promote the corporate values and culture of the organisation through the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures and appropriate personal behaviour.
- To promote Aspires policies on Equality of Opportunity and the promotion of good relations, through his/her actions and to ensure that these policies are adhered to by staff for whom he/she has a responsibility.
- To contribute as an effective member of the HR team.
- To take responsibility for his/her own performance and to identify personal development areas.
- To undertake research relevant to the responsibilities of the post.
- To monitor their team’s compliance with the HR and Learning and Development standards and to identify and address any arising issues.
- To audit staff compliance with appropriate recording and record keeping.
- Assist in the identification and management of all risks within HR.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Diversity in their duties throughout the course of their employment.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Comply with Aspires Code of Conduct.
This Job Description is subject to review in light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be inflexible but should be regarded as proving guidelines. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the post may be assigned from time to time by the HR Manager
Clause: This job description is not meant to be definitive and may be amended to meet the changing needs Aspire.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job