The key duties and responsibilities in this role are:
- Assist line managers with all recruitment and selection activities, such as advertising vacancies, the development of job descriptions, person specifications, competency frameworks and interview questions and any other recruitment and selection materials, assisting with interviews and candidate on-boarding activities.
- Interpret and research employment law and HR best practice to ensure advice and guidance is both accurate and up to date.
- Ensure management teams are appropriately updated on new employment legislation as and when required and when dealing with any employee related issues.
- In collaboration with Group Head of HR, strive for efficiency, whilst continuously improving delivery of HR services, to line managers and all employees, including supporting line managers in all matters relating to HR such as: Terms and conditions of employment, Absence Management, Flexible working requests and any other HR issues as they arise, whilst ensuring that all matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements.
- Communicate maternity/paternity policies to relevant employees, assisting with any queries and ensuring all relevant paperwork is produced and distributed within required timeframes.
- Offer advice and support line managers and employees on all matters related to disciplinary, capability and grievance. Attend hearings, support with appeals and ensure all correspondence is accurate and conforms to standardised HR templates. To assist in the presentation of cases up to and including dismissal and attend appeals and employment tribunals as and when necessary.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers, ensuring confidentiality of all written and verbal communication.
- Ensure critical annual HR processes are executed on time e.g. Salary reviews, Performance Development Reviews, by collating documentation and assisting managers with the process.
- Support Group HR Manager and the wider team in the delivery of HR elements of organisational and cultural change activities, such as restructures including assisting with preparing necessary documentation, keeping records and tracking actions
- Support/facilitate Learning and Development programmes and manage L&D queries in line with Company Training & Development policy.
The Ideal candidate will provide professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management. Advise on a full range of HR activities mainly focusing on recruitment and employee relations.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.