This well known national company is looking to recruit a Senior HR Advisor to join their HR team. With a salary of up to £30,000, a superb, modern working environment, excellent prospects and benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, healthcare, childcare vouchers, staff discount scheme and free parking, this is an excellent opportunity to start a career with a company that is really going places.
About the company:
Based just outside Bury town centre and close to excellent motorway network links, this company has continued to grow over the last few years and has remained the market leader in their field with sites right across the UK and around the world. They have plans to continue their expansion and offer superb career prospects.
About the role:
Working in a large and busy distribution centre and reporting to the HR Manager, you will deliver a proactive and flexible HR Service by providing relevant and apropriate HR support to all employees, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, documented policies and employment legislation. Duties will include:
- Supporting, offering advice and guiding Line Managers in all matters relating to HR; primarily disciplinaries for misconduct matters up to and including dismissal, grievance investigations and absence management/medical capability processes through to appropriate conclusions
- Autonomously managing a substantial case load and prioritising accordingly with guidance and support from HR Manager where required
- Managing complex and difficult cases empathetically, and in turn communicating outcomes clearly and articulately with the aim of minimising appeals
- Supporting with arranging and conducting disciplinary and grievance hearings with managers
- Using Occupational Health appropriately within HR casework and writing referrals to OH Advisors
- Communicating with and supporting HR Managers to ensure HR policy and procedures are applied
- Acting as a team player with the HR Administrators and HR Officer by sharing knowledge and expertise to support them in administrative processes
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and understanding of employment law and HR best practice to ensure advice and guidance is both accurate and up to date and in turn ensuring that stakeholders are appropriately updated on new employment legislation and good practices are implemented within the remit of influence
- Ensuring all appropriate policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to with clear audit trails and maintain all personnel records in accordance with Data Protection Act/GDPR
- Assisting where necessary in providing general ad hoc administration support including updating HR employee records, answering calls, typing letters, responding to external reference requests
Skills and experience required:
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar busy HR Advisor role, ideally in a similar distribution or manufacturing environment. You will be CIPD Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 although Level 5 would be preferred. Suitable and substantial HR based work experience with appropriate evidence of training may also be considered as an alternative. You will have excellent knowledge of employment legislation and HR procedures and policies and proven experience of working within a constantly changing environment. You will have strong skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A salary of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Staff discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
If this sounds like a Senior HR Advisor role you will LOVE, please email your CV today
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.
- Human resources