- First point of contact for more complex operational HR queries.
- Interpret and research employment law and HR best practice to ensure advice and guidance is both accurate and up to date.
- Ensure management teams are appropriately updated on new employment legislation as and when required and when dealing with any employee related issues.
- Work closely with HR colleagues across the business to draft, monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Ensure all appropriate policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to (regarding both UK and overseas employees) with clear audit trails and maintain all personnel records in accordance with the GDPR.
- Provide an advisory service to employees ensuring that they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements.
- In collaboration with Group Head of HR, strive for efficiency, whilst continuously improving delivery of HR services, to line managers and all employees, including supporting line managers in all matters relating to HR such as:Terms and conditions of employment, Absence Management, Flexible working requests and any other HR issues as they arise, whilst ensuring that all matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements.
- Help to drive organisational performance by driving core business objectives.
- Communicate maternity/paternity policies to relevant employees, assisting with any queries and ensuring all relevant paperwork is produced and distributed within required timeframes.
- Attend meetings with employees and managers in relation to short and long-term sickness absence and advise on appropriate options to pursue, including alternative duties, redeployment, ill health retirement or termination of employment
- Analyse sickness reports and highlight cases where staff have met a trigger point for sickness absence requiring review. Share this information with the managers concerned and be proactive in encouraging managers to set up review meetings, (or other meetings as required), to meet with the staff concerned.
- Offer advice and support line managers and employees on all matters related to disciplinary, capability and grievance. Attend hearings, support with appeals and ensure all correspondence is accurate and conforms to standardised HR templates. To assist in the presentation of cases up to and including dismissal and attend appeals and employment tribunals as and when necessary.
- To take notes at relevant meetings/hearings where appropriate and ensure the standard of note taking and record keeping on all employee relations matters is to a high standard.
- Assist line managers with all recruitment and selection activities, such as advertising vacancies, the development of job descriptions, person specifications, competency frameworks and interview questions and any other recruitment and selection materials, assisting with interviews and candidate on-boarding activities.
- Assist HR Administrators with general HR administration e.g. updating of HR system (CASCADE), taking calls, producing letters, responding to external reference requests etc.
- Ensure that exit interviews are conducted and effective statistics produced and analysed for potential problem areas.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers, ensuring confidentiality of all written and verbal communication.
- Ensure critical annual HR processes are executed on time e.g. Salary reviews, Performance Development Reviews, by collating documentation and assisting managers with the process.
- Support Group HR Manager and the wider team in the delivery of HR elements of organisational and cultural change activities, such as restructures including assisting with preparing necessary documentation, keeping records and tracking actions
- Assist and own HR project work as determined by the Group Head of HR.
- Mentor junior HR staff where required.
- Support/facilitate Learning and Development programmes and manage L&D queries in line with Company Training & Development policy.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development and keep up-to-date on all employment relates issues and legislation.
- Provide advice and support in respect of Job evaluation and Job redesign.
- Identify and report risk issues in regards to HR and people management practices.
- Undertake any other duties as required from time to time, commensurate with the role.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"