Senior HR Advisor - 12 Month Contract
CIPD Level 5/7
Excellent Salary package and company benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Generalist Senior HR Adviser to join a highly regarded and professional client of ours based in Liverpool, the role will be on a 12-month contract. The successful candidate must be experienced operating at a senior advisory level and working in a generalist role. Whilst some administration support is in place, the successful applicant will also be required to deal with routine operational tasks and HR responsibilities (including many aspects of HR administration) as well as being responsible for providing the whole range of HR support services to directors, management and employees in the business.
- Advice to management and employees on range of HR Issues (e.g. complex ER issues, employment law, maternity, paternity, disability, discipline), in accordance with the company policies and procedures
- Recruitment (management of whole process, using the CRM Applicant Tracking and Recruitment System)
- Responsible for Reporting (whole range of HR MI)
- Managing, updating and overseeing use of HR database (Sage Snowdrop HR & Payroll)
- Facilitating all existing HR initiatives in line with the HR calendar
- Managing new starter process and inductions as appropriate
- Dealing with Restrictive Covenants (both as the former employer and new employer)
- Strategic benefits provision (review and introduction of new initiatives, renewals, ongoing issues and claims management)
- Full responsibility of the absence management
- Managing administration of part-time employees and all associated admin (work/patterns, holiday calculations etc.)
- Managing Flexible Working Requests in collaboration with Directors/Line Managers
- Policy and procedural development
- Drafting job descriptions in collaboration with departments
- Performance management advice and strategy, including appraisals
- Some H&S issues (resolving workstation issues, facilities concerns)
- Some payroll responsibility - thorough knowledge of and ability to advise on payroll and tax issues, management of monthly auto-enrolment process
- Tenders (completion of HR aspects)
- Some line management responsibility
- Production of quarterly Employment Law newsletter
- All aspects of HR administration
- Delivery of HR specific projects
- Liaising with other organisations on employee initiatives
- Any other ad hoc duties that might reasonably be requested
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual who is looking for a challenging and diverse HR role where you will be given full ownership and responsibility of your daily working tasks. We are looking for experienced individuals who may have worked within the professional services sector e.g.: Legal, Financial Services, Investment Banking etc. due to the nature of the business.
- Extensive HR generalist skills set
- Senior HR Adviser - Extensive experience at Senior Adviser level or above with proven track record in managing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- CIPD qualifications - Level 7 essential
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks to tight timescales.
- Flexible and organised approach to work.
- Confidential, professional person, comfortable liaising with all levels within the business
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Previous experience of Sage Snowdrop essential
- Good MS Office skills with intermediate to advanced capability in Excel
- Previous experience of using applicant tracking systems for recruitment