Senior HR Administrator - H&S & Facilities
Senior HR Administrator – H&S & Facilities
Location: New Addington Croydon, CR0 0AE
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum + Pension
Job Type: Full-time
This vital role is an exciting opportunity for a senior administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience with HR, Health and Safety and Facilities Management within a busy environment.
Martek is a fast-growing high-end joinery manufacturer and interiors specialist with a long-established reputation for the quality of our products. Our production facility is based near Croydon and we service the prime residential, commercial office and international multiplex cinema sectors.
Responsibilities of the Senior HR Administrator – H&S & Facilities:
- In conjunction with the directors, assist with the development of new and upholding of current policies.
- Manage and implement all company accreditations, many of which are subject to annual review: Carbon Smart, CHAS, Clocs, Construction Line, Considerate Constructors, FORS and Investors In People.
- Work closely with directors and ensure they are in receipt of adequate and current admin support.
- Oversee CSCS card programme.
- Responsible for management of testing of: Fire Alarm, Emergency Light, Fixed Wire, Legionella and PAC.
- Ensure relevant staff has annual health and safety training, which would include asbestos, manual handling, fire and first aid.
- In conjunction with Stores and Logistics manage the provision of PPE.
- In conjunction with logistics manager, manage company vehicle fleet and tracking system.
- Responsible for risk assessments as necessary including DSE Assessments and COSHH assessments.
- Manage our Carbon Smart Accreditation which is subject to an annual assessment.
- In conjunction with the PM department; plan and manage the condition of the office and production facility and arrange any necessary repairs.
- Oversee any maintenance work on the day and sign off with contractors.
- Maintain all equipment contracts and renewing or reviewing as necessary.
- Oversee our environmental management system.
- Assist with recruiting the right people to take the company forwards as well as managing the apprentice programme.
- Organising and documenting appraisals, training and staff development.
- First point of contact concerning personnel issues.
- Assist with the organising of our internal and external company events.
- Ensure offices are kept tidy and manage the cleaner.
- Work with IT director to ensure office is properly supported.
- Liaise with IT Support to carry out works and upgrade machines.
Requirements of the Senior HR Administrator – H&S & Facilities:
- Have at least 3 (ideally 5) years’ experience within a similar role
- Can prioritise and plan effectively and have good overall time management skills
- Be confident, a team player and the ability to communicate and engage at all levels
- Strong administrative skills
- Have excellent Microsoft skills
- Has initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Have a good knowledge of health and safety procedures and legislation
- Live within a reasonable commute of the head office in New Addington Croydon, CR0 0AE.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Senior HR Administrator – H&S & Facilities role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job