Our client is looking for a Senior Housing Solutions Officer to begin immediately.
- Discharging the Council's obligations within the Housing Act 1996, Homelessness Act 2002 and Protection from Eviction Act 1977;
- Providing efficient and appropriate advice to all homeless and potentially homeless persons in accordance with the Council's statutory responsibilities and the Government's Code of Guidance
- Introducing a range of Homelessness prevention schemes to reduce the number of Homeless presentations.
- Provide an efficient and effective Housing Advice Service to persons in housing need and assess applications and to make decisions regarding eligibility to the Housing Register
- Supervise the Housing Solutions Officers.
- Supervise the Housing Solutions Assistants in the absence of the Senior Housing Solutions Officer, and in the absence of the Housing Solutions Team Leader, supervise the Housing Solutions Team.
- To continually review operational service delivery to meet changing needs and demands and implement any necessary changes, involving staff individually and in teams and encouraging and developing employees to operate flexibly to meet such changes.
- To actively promote learning, innovation and change in a 'can-do' environment, recognising and rewarding contributions and addressing development needs at team and individual level.
- HNC or above in social or housing policy
Working knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation
- Working knowledge of current homelessness legislation
- Experience of setting up homeless prevention initiatives
- Experience of working with a range of professional workers in the delivery of services to potentially homeless clients
- Experience of welfare benefits and debt management
- Experience of working with a wide range of vulnerable groups and achieving successful outcomes for the
- Experience of setting up and monitoring procedures and protocols
- Ability to effectively manage relationships
- Well-motivated and organised individual
- Ability to work on own and within a team
- Ability to successfully negotiate
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to use Microsoft software packages.
Please apply online for consideration and asap start.