Our client needs the applicant to have an in-depth housing knowledge and to have previously written housing strategies and policies at a high level. The role will involve preparing their Housing Strategy and in addition they will require to run and analyse reports and carry out auditing.
Other important aspects of this role are:
* Producing briefings for Chief Officers, Heads of Service and Members on housing policy and relevant aspects of commissioning, service delivery and quality assurance.
* Identifying areas of unmet needs in homelessness and social housing provision and to develop solutions.
* Establishing and maintaining a housing knowledge and evidence base to support policy development; providing insight and intelligence on housing issues, identifying housing need and formulating policy options to meet this need.
* Undertaking and co-ordinating housing related research using a variety of research methods including questionnaires, interviews, focus groups and data analysis.
* Monitoring the housing market in the Borough and more widely, particularly with regards to issues of affordability and sustainable communities.
* Acting as a housing policy advisor for the council, providing specialist advice and guidance within and outside the Authority.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria need apply for this post. Please note, an enhanced DBS is essential for this role.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
- Homeless Decision Making