About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to work as a Senior Home Care Nurse as part of the Community Programmes, home therapy nursing team. As a senior home care nurse you will be responsible for delivering safe and effective care to service users receiving therapies within their home. Therapies include Parenteral Nutrition, IV antibiotics and subcutaneous therapies such as Methotrexate and Desferrioxamine.
This is a field based role covering a large geographical area (M25, London & surrounding area).
Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring care pathway, care plans and all other care records are completed and meet NMC guidelines.
• Management of care users’ ancils/stock levels including completion of the monthly order forms.
• Ensuring the patient log documentation kept within the patients home is completed and managed as per process for same.
• Completing hospital discharge visits, risk and needs assessments, installation visits and ancils management for patients receiving home therapies within their geographical locality
• Supporting recruitment, protocol and pump training and competency sign off of new joiners to the team and on-going reassessment and validation of all competencies on a 6-12month basis.
• Providing effective resolutions or satisfactory outcomes to enquires/queries as they arise.
• Forming part of the referring Units multi-disciplinary team attending meetings as/where appropriate and co-ordinating with key stakeholders as required.
• Providing timely availability to the rota management team to ensure patient visits are covered and safe levels of care are maintained.
Knowledge skills & experience:
- RGN or RN Adult or Child registration with current NMC registration.
- IV Therapy exposure and previous experience.
- Homecare / Community nursing experience.
- ICU/CCU/Paediatric experience desirable.
- An ability to work autonomously and flexibly to meet patient and needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of caring for patients with long term health conditions.
- Experience of working as a member of a nursing team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Word, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
As a Senior Home Care Nurse you will need to:
• Be a car driver with current full driving licence.
• Be able to work extended hours/stay away from home on occasions when required. • Take part in on-call arrangements as required
About the company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• A competitive basic salary
• Generous holiday allowance - 25 days per year + 8 bank holidays
• Childcare Voucher scheme - this is open to all employees
• Share scheme - a chance to purchase shares
• Save scheme - the opportunity to save money
• Pension scheme
• Exclusive employee staff discounts on high street retailers with "MyInterserve"
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
- Home Care