An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Highways Engineer to join a local authority in Somerset.
Acting as Principal Designer, you will need to take responsibility for signing off the scheme to confirm it's appropriate and safe on behalf of the authority.
Your role will typically involve:
- Managing and overseeing the design process of highway improvement projects that can range from minor improvement schemes (below £500,000) to the components of major multi-million-pound highway projects.
- Managing a team of highway design engineers and technicians, providing leadership, advice and guidance on highway design matters throughout the scheme lifecycle and assisting them where necessary to ensure that the designs comply with national and local design guidance and standards.
- Acting as Principal Designer under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 and all associated duties, including
o The planning, management, monitoring and coordination of health and safety in the pre-construction phase;
o The preparation of relevant information to other duty holders under the regulations;
o The provision of relevant information to the principal contractor to help them plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety in the construction phase.
- Commissioning Road Safety Audits at relevant stages of scheme design and delivery, reviewing the outputs/ recommendations of these audits and formulating a response and report.
- Commissioning highway design services through call-off contracts as necessary, monitoring performance and using contract management mechanisms to ensure that the work supplied meets time, cost and quality objectives.
- Undertaking a technical audit role on third party designs, being responsible for the review of highway design disciplines including horizontal and vertical alignment.
You will ideally have:
- Extensive experience in the Highways sector working for either public or private sector organisations.
- A degree in a relevant subject e.g. Civil Engineering.
- Previous experience in a Principal Designer role would be highly beneficial.
- Good technical knowledge, and thorough understanding of relevant standards and legislation.
For more information on this or other Highways & Transportation roles, or to apply, please contact Sam Derham at Advanced Resource Managers.
- Civil Engineering
- Highway Design
- Scheme Design
- Principal Designer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'