Senior Heavy Duty Diesel Calibration Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Calibration Engineer with a background in Heavy Duty Engines for an exciting role with a highly respected Automotve Consultancy.
In this role you will be responsible for optimizing the calibration of the diesel engine and powertrain. Your objective will be to ensue that all target criteria are met and that the powertrain works to its full efficiency in all operating conditions. The role involves planning, preparation and supervision of related engine dyno testing, assessment and documentation of test results and delivery of calibrations.
- Planning and execution of an engine development program
- Calibration dataset development in-line with attribute targets
- Dataset validation for all ambient conditions both in facility and in territory
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations
- Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
- BEng in Mechanical/Automotive or related Engineering discipline
- Experience within the automotive industry
- Good knowledge of Combustion Engineer Fundamentals
- Good working knowledge of EMS and related tools and software
- Excellent inter-personnel and communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Capable of working independently as well as part of large and small teams
- Heavy Duty Engine experience
- Experience of co-ordinating and executing tests on engine test beds
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as AVL Concerto or equivalent
- Understanding of worldwide emissions legislation
- Masters or PhD in specific subject area preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience and they are seeking someone quickly. If you are interested, please apply immediately.
- heavy duty