Senior Health & Safety Advisor (Thames Water)
Health & Safety Advisor (Thames Water)
Sites in the London area with visits to office in Watford
Staff (Salary plus car/ car allowance and benefits)
Our Client t is looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with a Senior Health and Safety Advisor for the SMB joint venture.
Working as part of the SMB SHEQ team you will support the Portfolio lead and SHEQ Manager on all projects throughout the framework.
The joint venture has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water’s £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a 'super alliance’ of industry-leading organisations.
You will report directly to the SHEQ Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Understand the framework approach Document and Health & Safety, Environmental & Wellbeing Policies and Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the Project operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
• Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the company’s SHEWW policies.
• Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice for obtaining legal consents, licences and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licences and waste management licences.
• Assist the Project Manager or Framework/Project SHEW/E Manager in preparing and developing the Framework/Project Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan ('HASEMP’) & coordinator reviews
• Undertake site SHEW inspections and audits as required
• Assist where necessary with tenders and presentations to external bodies.
• When directed, assist with the preparation of SHEW risk assessments and Method Statements
• Assist with the monitoring and reporting of Project SHEW Performance as directed
• Assist in the investigation of incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed.
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of SHEW training courses and ensure that staff with specific SHEW responsibilities have received the appropriate training. Organise the relevant SHEW Training where required
• Actively promote Delivery North SHEW campaigns in addition to the implementation of best practice principles across the business, to include stakeholders such as the supply chain.
• Set standards and lead by example in the management of SHEW
• Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relation to SHEW management and responsibilities including appropriate qualification and professional
• Liaise with the HSE, EA and other enforcing authorities
• Obtain competency cards in line with company Competence Card Compliance policy, e.g. CSCS / CCNSG.
• Several years SHEW related experience preferably within Construction/engineering
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate or IEMA Associate Qualification or equivalent NVQ
• Tech.IOSH or AIEMA or equivalent
• CSCS Card
• Flexible on travel in and around the London area
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Health Safety
- Water Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job