Our clients have an excellent and validated track record of providing high quality outcomes focused support services to a wide range of client groups across the North East. These include people with mental health, people with learning, physical or sensory impairments and long term conditions or older people with support needs.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Working as a Senior Health Care Assistant you will be expected to deliver exceptional standards of care to clients, meeting the personal care needs of the service user in a way that respects the dignity of the individual in line with their care plan, within Care Homes, Hospitals & Specialist Units throughout the North East. You will also have characteristics such as a professional, friendly and willing disposition, be reliable and trustworthy sense of responsibility
The post holder will be involved in developing people and assisting the elderly when and where needed in order for them to reach their maximum potential as individuals and to ensure normal patterns of life within the community.
- Act as Senior Health Care Assistant which will include staff supervisions
- Senior Health Care Assistant for Individual service users
- Assist with activities of daily living, domestic duties and daily living
- Ensure health, safety and welfare of clients
- Record keeping - maintaining up to date reports such as care plans
- Maintain regular communication with Home Manager
- Respect the individuality and confidentiality of each client
- To communicate effectively
- Assisting in the delivery of personal care
- Administration of Medication
- Creating and maintaining suitable records
- Liaising with other health professionals
- Assisting the management to deliver a high standard of care
The post holder must have the ability to communicate effectively with other professionals, colleagues, service users and families/carers and have the ability to support individuals with their personal and intimate needs in a respectful and dignified manner.
Strong people skills are a requirement for almost any job in the social sector but as a Health Care Assistant these skills will be really tested and essential. The post holder must have an understanding of the changing needs of the elderly and must have regard for the dignity, respect and rights of service users.
It is essential that any applicants have previous experience working within this area
- It would be beneficial if the candidate has a portable DBS
- A warm approachable personality
- Good communication skills
- Be qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent (or be willing to work towards)
- Safe Handling of Medication experience
- Various shift patterns available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job