Location: Staffordshire + travel to national projects
Job ID: 757590
My client are a leading name in the industry, specialising in projects in the civil engineering, rail, construction and infrastructure sectors. They are looking to add a Senior H&S Advisor to their team based out of Staffordshire.
To operate as the Senior Health & Safety Specialist and assist the Health & Safety Management in the implementation of Group H&S policies and provide advice and support to employees across multiple projects, which will be at varying stages of completion.
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the Health & Safety of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures
* Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required
* Support site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the and relevant procedures
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company Accident/Incident Reporting procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions
* Assist in the preparation & review of project H&S documents including risk assessments and those of 3rd parties
* Graduate member of IOSH
* Experience within the Civil Engineering industry is essential, and domestic utilities industry experience would be preferred (Power, Utilities, Gas)
* Demonstrable experience in a Senior Health & Safety Advisor role or similar level
* Must be able to drive and willing to work away from home as workload dictates
* Ability to manage many high profile clients
Please note, this role will include travel to projects nationally and will need a candidate willing to work away from when as and when required.
On offer is a salary of £40-£45k + car/allowance, with a benefits package on top of that.
If you are interested in the position, please click apply.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.