Senior Group Financial Analyst to work for a leading multi-site retail business based in central London. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading multi-national organisation, supporting the Group-CFO on budgeting, forecasting & ad-hoc financial analysis. This role would suit someone who has already made their first move out of practice, and is now looking to step up into a senior analyst position.
This role will support with group performance analysis as well as the planning cycle, including regular re-forecasting. The role will also extend to providing support to the wider group business units, in terms of Group processes and also technical areas of accounting.
- Support Group CFO in all Group related finance matters including analysis of financial performance.
- Production and implementation of technical Group accounting policies.
- Support Group business units for Group reporting
- Preparation of quarterly Group Board papers
Budgeting / Forecasting
- Production of the Group 5 year plan & annual budget & re-forecasting
- Review & challenge business unit plans & consolidate for group
- Review of group & business unit budgets
- Consolidation of plans provided by business units
- Working closely with business units to review and challenge budgets as appropriate.
- Review of the Group and business unit budgets as a whole
- Production of group board papers to present for approval, including commentary at business unit level
- Providing variance analysis & commentary on the latest view of group performance against the original budget.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Exposure to Group planning processes desirable
- Experience of a multi-site retail/leisure/hospitality business desirable
- Experience of complex consolidation with multi-currency inputs.
- Competent user of financial systems - knowledge of consolidation using HFM would be an advantage.