Senior Group Accountant
The company is Premium Listed on the London Stock Exchange and currently has an annual turnover in excess of £100m. The companies headquarters are in a modern open plan office in Central London. The role pays up to £55k plus bonus.
One of the key selling points for the role is it offers quick progression as evidenced by the 2 previous holders of the role having moved to Head of Group Reporting within 2 years. More senior members of the team have all previously come from a Big 4 audit background so learning, development and coaching is key to the team's philosophy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for assisting the head of group finance to produce group financial information including the IFRS Annual Report/year-end releases & Interim Report/interim releases.
· To review the monthly group management and financial accounts.
· To produce a consolidated monthly balance sheet and cashflow.
· To project manage the production of the statutory accounts for UK and overseas entities in the group under UK GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP.
· To project manage the preparation of UK and overseas tax returns, liaising with our advisors throughout the process.
· Complete a range of ad hoc technical accounting projects, e.g. accounting for acquisitions / disposals, impairment assessments, changes in the IFRS standards.
· Produce quarterly compliance documents.
· Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business including senior management and The Board.
· Ensure processes and procedures are in line with Group policy and are consistent, supportable and facilitate auditable reporting. Work with other Senior members of finance to identify and implement improvements to these process and procedures.
· Liaise with auditors as a major point of contact for the audit.
Skills & Experience
· Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA).
· Experience from a Big 4 or Top 6 Practice firm in the UK.
· Technically strong with IFRS accounting, with some experience of FRS 101 being advantageous.
· Experience of preparing or auditing multi-currency group IFRS consolidations for large, listed multi-nationals.
· Self-starter and ability to work independently.
· A proven ability to form relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
· Has a proactive and hands-on approach, seeks to make improvements to current processes and systems.
· Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads accordingly.
· Excellent communication skills at all levels.
· A high level of personal drive and motivation.
· Sociable individual who will fit in well with the team is key.