Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Graphic Designer to join our client's creative product team!
About the role:
As Senior Graphic Designer, you will be required to research, present, brand and produce high standard designs for product and packaging.
As part of this you will be required to work within the parameters of style guides provided by licensed brands as well as produce style guides for in house designs. You will be expected to take a project from start to finish and provide print ready artwork.
You will also be required to assist in the training and mentoring of the design team, approving artwork and supporting the Studio Manager in the running of studio.
- Design Lead, overseeing work through the design studio, working closely with the Product Development Team, guiding the team of Graphic Designers to ensure the work is delivered on time, to brief and of a high standard in line with company objectives
- To research, present, brand and produce high standard designs for product and packaging
Other Key duties:
- Creating designs and style guides for use with packaging, and products
- Producing packaging designs, including box template and cuttings
- Making visual mock ups of new packaging designs, both digitally and physically
- Adhere to the deadlines and briefs set out by the Product Development Team
- Aiding the Design Studio Manager to foresee and help solve any issues regarding the schedule and deadlines
- Creatively direct / manage the Graphic Designers guiding them through projects
- Artworking designs and prepping files to send to printers/suppliers
- Ensure that all artworks sent to supplier are correct and received promptly
- Demonstrate and explain technical knowledge of Artworking, design and processes to more junior designers.
- Ability to understand a brief comprehensively and relate this to brief in other designers if necessary
- Assist the Product Development Mangers with artwork approvals, to ensure accurate, consistent and well-designed products are delivered on time
- To supply upon request graphics and support materials to help drive sales
- To assist when required in the planning and delivery of storyboards, samples, POS etc.
- Ensure graphic skills within the studio are of an industry standard by running training and development sessions, to keep West Design at the forefront of design.
- Embrace and evoke a culture of team well-being, commitment, hard work, mutual respect and support, whilst encouraging appropriate fun and work enjoyment.
Skills and Experience:
- Comprehensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite is essential (with an emphasis on Illustrator)
- Artworking experience and technical skills (experience with far east suppliers would be beneficial)
- A proven track record within the design industry (which includes graphic design, textiles design, print design)
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand target audiences
- A creative insight into product, packaging and brand design.
- A willingness to go the extra mile, a driven team player
- Demonstrate enthusiasm with a can-do attitude
- A flexible approach to getting the job done
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- Experience in creating pattern and working with repeat designs would be advantageous
- Experience with working with licensed artwork would also be advantageous but not essential
- Interest in arts and crafts would be advantageous
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'