Our client, a leading global law firm with a strong growth strategy, is seeking to hire a Senior Graduate Recruitment Officer to join their busy & vibrant team.
This role will facilitate the smooth running of the day to day trainee HR and development matters through efficient execution of operational practices and duties. You will support the Graduate Recruitment Manager in recruiting high calibre trainees and vacation visitors to the firm. In particular to run the campus programme and vacation schemes.
- Screening of application forms (along with GR Manager).
- Interviewing of vacation scheme and training contract candidates (alongside GR team).
- Using collated feedback to assist with hiring decisions.
- Make verbal training contract offers and manage candidates post-offer to encourage acceptance.
- Run vacation schemes with assistance from GR Assistant and act as first point of contact.
- Operational working relationship with event providers to ensure good representation of the firm at joint employer events.
- Operational working relationship with key partners to ensure our pipeline of candidates is diverse.
- Operational relationships with university contacts such as law societies, faculties and careers services to ensure good coverage of the firms brand.
- Assist GRM with brochure, website, print ad and promotional items annual review.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with partner interview committee and those fee-earners involved in campus activity.
- Liaise with internal design and print team to create stimulating promotional materials which reflect the firm's employer brand.
- Generate content for and maintain Facebook page on a daily basis.
- Work with GR Assistant to coordinate all aspects of the induction of trainee solicitors.
- Provide first level guidance and advice to trainees on practice and process, focusing on performance management and personal development
- Use a systematic approach to coordinate seat move, liaising with Trainee Partners and escalating issues to HR Manager, GR where necessary.
- Coordinate the smooth running of the client and international secondment processes.
- Meet regularly with trainees on an individual basis to monitor work load, development and ensure they are allocated to appropriate divisions.
- Launch appraisals and mid-seat reviews, offer support to supervisors where necessary. Monitor and follow up or escalate performance issues.
- Monitor the supervision of trainees along with Trainee Partners and relevant HR managers where necessary.
- Meet with trainees to obtain feedback at the end of each seat in relation to their supervision and experience in the department.
- Regulatory administration such as registering training contracts and supervising the completion of admission applications.
- Assist the HR Manager, GR with the qualification process.
- Act as the main contact point for future trainees.
- Liaise with the University of Law to ensure all future trainees are enrolled on the GDL and LPC courses.
- Liaise with the University of Law to monitor performance and development of future trainees.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience within graduate recruitment in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Working knowledge of HR good practice and employment law.
- Good knowledge of graduate market place/higher education landscape.
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail.
- Personable and approachable style in order to communicate well at all levels.
- Persuasive and confident.
- Work well within a team and work autonomously when needed.
- Hard working, using initiative to manage own workload, especially at busy times.
- Proactive approach with a 'can-do' attitude. Able to generate new ideas.
Please contact Nikki Bjurenvall for further information or apply today.