We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join a global quality assurance and risk management company in Leicestershire on an initial 6 month contract. Our client is renowned for providing expert engineering solutions to the Oil & Gas and Maritime industries. They are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to provide a wide range of services including in the field of buried gas, oil, water transmission and distribution pipelines.
The chosen Senior Geotechnical Engineer will provide a wide range of roles and responsibilities including:
- Provide technical consultancy services to the oil and gas industry, but specifically in the field of soil/pipeline interaction analysis (SPIA).
- Understand potential loading and effect from construction and ground movements on buried pipeline and be able to perform slope stability analysis and settlement prediction.
- Familiar with; naturally occurring and anthropogenic geohazards, procurement of site investigations, ground investigation techniques, data interpretation and geotechnical numerical modelling.
- Preparing budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects
- Undertake site visits to assess the ground conditions and basic structures and provide recommendations.
In order to carry out the tasks effectively, it is essential for candidates to have the following skills and experience:
- Chartered Engineer, or nearing chartered status with a minimum 5 years fo design experience.
- Degree qualified in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Awareness of the many approaches to Civil and Geotechnical Design and the ability to advice on methods of design and construction.
- Proficient in using Plaxis 2D/3D would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strong managerial and influencing skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For more information please call Rebecca Bush on or email Rebecca.bush @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 14194, or apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
- oil & gas
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job