Senior Geotechnical Engineer- Reading
A fantastic opportunity has presented itself for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join a well-established company who provide expertise in contaminated land surveys, geotechnical engineering, geoenvironmental engineering, site investigation and engineering geology. The role will be for a driven individual to apply their in-depth knowledge on exciting projects, to ultimately assess risks and solve problems. The candidate will be tasked with setting up an office and managing their own team so must have a degree in the relevant field, accompanied with a post graduate qualification and extensive experience in the field.
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of Phase 1 (Desk Studies) and Phase 2 (Site and Ground Investigation) techniques
- Extensive experience in Geotechnics and Chartered status or working towards Chartership
- Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, Engineering Geology, or any other relevant subject as well as a postgraduate qualification in the relevant field
- Proven experience of Project Management and experience of working in a Senior role in an engineering consultancy environment
- Experience of ground investigation supervision, leading design teams and mentoring junior staff
- Proven experience of design of geotechnical structures, including earthworks and foundations
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with clients as well as exceptional report writing skills
- A valid UK driving license
Typical duties as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer:
- Design and manage extremely high-valued projects, working in accordance with all relevant procedures such as budget, time management, etc
- Identify geotechnical hazards and risks and develop innovative solutions to these issues
- Complete high-quality technical reports which display detailed risk assessments
- Regularly engage with clients to keep updated with current and new projects
- Uphold the Companies' Health and Safety Policy across all the stages of each project
- Proactively manage subcontractors and sub-consultants, client feedback and ensure effective communication with all involved parties
- Manage the components of the project which you have responsibility for, including report writing, implementing sustainable solutions, meeting requirements, etc
This role offers a competitive salary with additional benefits, as well as the chance to develop your skills with incredible training and to progress in your career as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
To discuss this Senior Geotechnical Engineer role and other roles within this field then please call Courtney on or email your CV to
- phase 1
- site investigation
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- phase 2
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'