You will join our award-winning property team as Senior Gardener, leading on the delivery of garden-based projects. This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to work alongside the gardening and visitor experience teams to shape and deliver conservation and visitor-related projects at Anglesey Abbey over the next 18 months.
What it's like to work here
This Jacobean-style house with its colourful gardens and working watermill is one of our largest properties. Many roles at Anglesey Abbey are customer facing, with all the teams working hard to maintain the superb standards of service. This is an opportunity to make a real difference within an ever-evolving environment where your ideas and input will be valued.
What you'll be doing
You’ll love working outdoors and understand that our gardens and grounds are as significant as our mansion houses, collections and our historical places. Our visitors tell us how much they enjoy the peace and tranquillity of our well-kept outdoor spaces, which makes your role vital in making sure our visitors have an amazing experience.
We don’t just need you to deliver projects and support us in managing our beautiful gardens, although this is an important part of the role; we’d like you to help lead the team too. As the Senior Gardener in our team, we’d like you to lead by example, with exceptional gardening skills, but you’ll also understand how to manage the workload for this team, and deliver exceptional training to new staff and volunteers.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant practical experience in horticulture supported by relevant qualifications
- Have supervisory experience from a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of plants
- Competent with the use and maintenance of garden machinery including chainsaws, tractors, hedge trimmers, pedestrian and ride on mowers
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and practice
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking