Our client is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. They are a rapidly growing business - they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track and since then grew 278% per annum before quadrupling in size again. They now employ over 400 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
They are on a mission to accelerate their clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams.
Company culture is the backbone of their business, this is why they have been voted as the best place to work in London and number 2 in the UK for the 2018 Sunday Times Best Companies List. They are constantly looking for ways to make their company an even better place to work. People join them to change the industry and work with world-class talent, enabling exponential acceleration in their personal careers.
Use your prolific Wordpress development skills to bring new and exciting websites to life
Our clients’ Technology team vision is to create the world's leading digital marketing platform that drives long-term client growth, and as a technology and data driven business they recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping them achieve that.
They expect much of their growth to come from great ideas their team members generate, with their collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. They strongly believe it is their team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to the business being recently recognized as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm.
They're still growing!
The company is looking for Senior Full Stack WordPress Developers to join their multi-disciplined agile teams and help them build custom in-house Plugins to extend the functionality of their existing market-leading sites and provide new solutions to be re-used across their portfolio of sites and platforms.
You will also have the pleasure of building WordPress Themes from scratch as part of their rebranding efforts across the business. They are looking for proactive self-starters who are able to take the lead on projects.
You’ll Be Expected To:
- Write excellent, fluent PHP on a daily basis
- Produce quality HTML, CSS/SASS, JS and PHP to create custom plugins and themes from supplied design files will be critical to your success
- Take ownership of tasks and drive them through to delivery. While training and support will be provided, you are comfortable working independently within a strong team
- Be familiar with Drupal to WordPress migrations
- Feel comfortable with Multisite Network management
- Understand and practise GIT and GIT flow on daily basis
- Demonstrate proven experience of sitebuilding using the latest technologies
- Debug problems with existing WordPress plugins and setups
- Diagnose server issues
- Communicate clearly with non-technical stakeholders about your work and progress during daily standups
- Lead the way by identifying, sharing and championing best practices
- Be passionate about site speed and performance and the techniques that goes along with it
- Solicit feedback from others and show eagerness to improve
It Will Also Be Great If You Were Comfortable With:
- Front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Setting up task runners (Grunt, Gulp)
- WordPress Plugin directory (ie. having the ability to identify appropriate off-the-shelf vs. custom build solution and the relevant tradeoffs)
- Experience with Drupal
- Using version control and dependency management
- Working with Vagrant or Docker
- Learning new things, web development changes all the time
- SEO and Accessibility best practices
What We Can Teach You:
- Leadership Skills (ILM certified Management Development Academy)
- Agile Methodology
Tech’s Favorite Benefits:
- Clear and structured career progression - we value individual contributors as much as people managers
- Working on interesting projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and improve on a daily basis
- New Apple gear to work on
- Conference and training budget with unlimited books
- Tech Talks & regular socials
- Games room
- Free breakfast, occasional lunch and tons of fantastic food options in the area
- Large variety of sport, poker and game board clubs (you can start your own).
What Success Looks Like:
- From day one, you will commit production-ready and tested changes to the companies codebase, creating pull requests for your work and having them peer reviewed, before deploying the changes to the live systems.
- You will participate in daily standups, clearly and effectively communicating your ideas and the status of your own tasks to the rest of your team.
- You will assist with the discovery and prioritisation of new work, and take ownership of appropriate tasks, seeing them through to delivery.
- You will create massive business value by understanding what the different areas of the business do, what the impact of your work will be to each of those areas, and then focusing and delivering quickly.
- Web Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'