Senior Full Stack Developer
What does the company do?
They build the full eCommerce experience, a key part of the company is their MESH platform which all their frontend frameworks plug into via a clean RESTful API interface. They build interactive in-store experiences using technology including huge 4K touch-screens, cameras and we're always trying out new things. They also make use of the internet of things (IoT) including NFC, RFID, proximity sensors and bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons connecting in-store tech and customer's devices. We also build websites, iOS apps and Android apps so we can connect the omni-channel customer journey, and a set of dashboard & management tools, which their clients use to manage these experiences. Their clients are leading high-street retailers and brands both in the UK and internationally who they form close connections with to develop their in-store & online eCommerce presence.
Currently there are two main frameworks in the Web Apps team:
- In-store framework - using AngularJS (currently v1 but with a plan to upgrade)
- Website framework - PHP MVC framework with caching at its core, also using ES6 JS, Backbone.js & Twig templating
They have also recently built some of our projects using the following tech:
- Serverless microservices written in Node.js - using AWS API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB & CloudFront so they can handle sudden spikes of super-high load
- React - using an offline-first approach to increase speed and Redux to maintain state throughout the app
They deploy all of their apps/services on AWS infrastructure and are always looking to use relevant new services as they become available. Their code is built and tested on continuous integration servers before being deployed to their testing and production environments.
- Team lunch on us every Friday
- Free parking
- Close to tram & bus links
- Work in a building full of creative digital talent
- Friendly office environment
- No city centre traffic
- Regular social events
- Bike to work scheme
- Highly skilled and passionate team
- Pension & healthcare schemes
- 2 day hackathon every year
- API development
- full stack