Senior Frontend Developer
Our client is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time-consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research.
Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We’re looking for passionate engineers with experience building clever web platforms who want to make a real impact on health research.
- At least 4 years proven industry experience.
- A passion for client-side development, though you can work at any level of the stack - you’re a software engineer not just a front-end developer.
- Solid experience with Ember.js framework. Experience with other front-end framework (React, Angular, Backbone) is beneficial.
- Solid experience building, testing and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Experience with responsive web development and modern browser technologies.
- Advance the front-end architecture - our current stack is Ember.js/node.js.
- Proactively optimize client-side code and model data in the front-end MV* to ensure high performance and robustness.
- Iterate front-end features quickly based on user feedback.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI) are important for us. We expect you to have a strong track record with these processes.
What you’ll get:
- Personal development- Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
- 25 days holiday- Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
- Stretch yourself- Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
- Social troop- Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive tight-knit team.
- First-rate perk days- Last time we went go-karting other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip.
- A balance-Wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.