New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Front End Developer to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent contract with a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as our Senior Front End Developer
As our Senior Front End Developer you will be working on our new flagship web product, as we investigate and build new ways to disrupt the current online insurance model for our broker partners. We’re looking for the right kind of individual to help us achieve the ambitious targets we’ve set for this product. You need to have a can do attitude and outlook that sees each challenge as an opportunity. You will provide technical leadership within a mixed role squad, so that we come up with the right solutions. Your positivity, drive and technical skills will help us build amazing products.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Senior Front End Developer
- Proven ability of working with the latest releases of HTML and CSS
- Proven ability of using CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- Experience of Node.js
- Proven ability of dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues to produce websites that function equally well in any modern supported browser
- Proven ability of working with RESTful api’s
- Experience of modern build tooling such as Webpack, Gulp
- Experience of NPM scripts
- Experience of working with Git and Git repository management systems such as GitLab
- Experience of ESLint for code checking.
- Experience of Babel pre processing
- Experience of Express framework
- Experience of Fractal component library
- Experience of Nunjucks HTML view engine
- Be proficient in using front-end testing tools such as Cucumber
- Full stack development experience.
- Aware of Accessibility standards.
Benefits of becoming our Senior Front End Developer
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click ‘apply’ today to become our Senior Front End Developer! We’d love to hear from you!