Enigma People Solutions has been exclusively retained to recruit a Senior FPGA Engineer for our international technology client. Our client is a well established and well recognised international technology business with an established and growing R&D function based just outside of Edinburgh.
Objective of this position is to design and develop embedded software/FPGA solutions for new retinal imaging product development and existing retinal imaging product improvement as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Concept generation, analysis and development of innovative FPGA/embedded software solutions for new retinal imaging product development, in accordance with design control process.
- Contribution of continuous improvement of existing product range through design analysis and innovative technology solutions.
- Responsible for all aspects of FPGA development - including pin out generation for HW designers, HDL development and behavioral verification through high level test benches, implementation of FPGA design with Xilinx and Altera tool chains, HW troubleshooting with on chip logic diagnostics (Chipscope and SignalTap) and with logic analysers and oscilloscopes.
- Responsible for development and execution of test methods for design verification of FPGA modules and systems.
- Responsible for the technical specification, design and efficacy of FPGA design output from the R&D team.
- Responsible for FPGA and embedded software design documentation, design review and failure mode and effects analyses (FMEA).
- To mentor FPGA and embedded software design engineering staff with regards to design techniques and design processes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Educated to degree level in software engineering, electronic engineering or equivalent education gained through work experiences.
- Previous experience of complex FPGA design essential with Xilinx and Altera technology.
- Strong competence and extensive experience with VHDL development.
- Previous experience of embedded software engineering essential.
- Previous experience of medical manufacture or instrumentation environment preferred.
- Strong competence and extensive experience in programming (assembler, C, C++ or other programming languages).
- Thorough knowledge of electronics and/or opto-mechanical system design highly preferred.
- Functional knowledge of ISO13485 and FDA Medical Device Design Control processes.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies and assess their potential impact and usefulness in diverse areas within the company.
- An ability to work within tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Team orientated, responsive and customer focused.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Embedded Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"