We have a requirement for a Senior FPGA design engineer in the power converters and motors group.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will join their dedicated project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost effective designs for real time power and motor control applications.
Key responsibilities as a Senior FPGA Design Engineer
Specific responsibilities for the Senior FPGA Design Engineer role will depend upon your skill set and level of seniority. Typically, you will be responsible for a wide range of FPGA activities covering all stages of the development lifecycle; from requirements through to verification and validation of programmed devices. You will work within a dedicated team environment where co-operation, innovation and thoroughness are essential to develop FPGAs that successfully meet project objectives.
Key responsibilities required for a Senior FPGA Design Engineer will include:
- FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages
- Writing and execution of VHDL testbench code and other IV&V activities
- Safety related design process development and maintenance
- Model Based design techniques using Matlab/Simulink modeling and simulation
- Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
- Lab support during hardware development stages
- Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing
Personal attributes as a Senior FPGA Design Engineer
- Degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects
- Experience of model based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
- Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering. (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- Eligible for security clearance to SC level
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
We like to work flexibly, meaning that our core hours are between 10 and 3 Monday to Thursday and an early finish on Fridays.
- competitive salary,
- bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets,
- 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days,
- a flexible UltraSelect benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs,
- competitive Pension scheme with Life Assurance,
- a confidential Employee Support Helpline and free car parking
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet security clearance to SC level.
What is working at PMES like?
Working at Ultra Electronics PMES is not all about the technical challenge; it’s also about the people and the environment. Based next to Cannock Chase, a former Royal Forest and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, means that we have much opportunity to use the space. The lunch time running club and mountain Biking club make use of this facility, while others stroll in the summer evening. It’s common to find birthday cakes in the canteen, or a charity event taking place to raise money for a local or national charity. If this sounds like the place you would like to work, and you enjoyed trying to solve problems please get in touch.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'