Senior Analyst - FP&A
Our clients existing European bank will be split into a UK Ring-Fenced Bank ('RFB’) (the UK retail and commercial banking business) and the Non-Ring-Fenced Bank ('NRFB’), (the UK investment bank plus the organisations European operations). The role holder will support the production of internal reporting information for the NRFB.
Roles and responsibilities are set out below:
- Internal performance reporting: The team is responsible for delivering monthly financial reports for the Europe executive committees and board providing detailed information on the financial performance of the NRFB. These reports include historical and forecast information. The team is responsible for ensuring the quality and timeliness of all internal reporting deliverables, which are produced according to tight monthly timetable, as well as the development of new reporting and enhancement of existing reporting output.
- Flash / Forecast / Planning: The team co-ordinates the monthly Flash / Forecast and Target Change process for the NRFB, liaising with global businesses and other stakeholders to ensure projections are prepared in a timely basis and are accurate. This includes the development of a new Flash reporting process in alignment with Group Internal Reporting requirements.
- MI Systems & Data Management: The team is responsible for the review and sign-off of entity mapping changes for the NRFB in MI Systems in relation to the legal separation to take place in July 2018. In addition, the team is a key contributor to the work being conducted to enhance and reconcile the data available to be used for NRFB reporting (including for Target and Forecast).
- Business Partnership: The team is responsible for regular engagement and partnering with Global Businesses, Functions and Finance Sub-Functions as well as with key countries in relation to NRFB matters.
- Strategy: The team works closely with Strategy, providing input into papers and presentations for Europe Board, ExCo and senior management meetings in relation to the NRFB.
- Process Improvement: The team will continually seek to improve processes related to NRFB including through automation, simplification of existing tasks and processes and offshoring as appropriate.
The team is high profile, with frequent exposure to the Europe CFO, the Head of FP&A, Europe Head of Strategy and other senior business leaders.
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Accountant from recognised UK institute or overseas equivalent with significant experience working in a Group (or regional) FP&A role in a large bank.
- Excellent oral and written English and communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated financial issues in clear (non-jargon) language.
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial bias, and an excellent grasp of business drivers.
- Proven influencing skills and an ability to engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders, including senior management.
- Familiarity with MI systems and experience in Business Partnership is highly favourable.
- Pro-active, driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Chartered Accountants
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Planning
- Trusted Business Partner