Senior Fitness Lecturer
A leading private college based in Soho, Central London are looking to recruit a 'Senior Fitness Lecturer'.
The role is full time and is paying £32K.
You MUST have a recognised teaching (Minimum DTLLS) and Assessor's qualification.
Main Duties - Programme Leader / Lecturer
- Deliver and support learning through formal scheduled high quality teaching on subjects from the range of Fitness courses ranging from Level 1, 2 and 3 Certificates in Fitness Instructing/Personal Training and shorter duration awards at all levels
- To achieve and be fully committed to retention and achievement rates of 92% retention and success.
- As Programme Leader you will be responsible for the overall quality, results, learner progression and programme delivery across your curriculum area, which may include line management of fitness staff to support any commercial courses and any other grant funded programmes.
- To obtain a consistent record of 'Good’ observation grades (in line with OFSTED expectations) and aspire to achieve 'Outstanding’ performance.
- To attend all lessons at least 10 minutes before start time and to be adequately and professionally prepared.
- To correctly complete registration documents at the beginning of each session and keep these updated.
- To report accurately on the progress of both individuals and groups and to forward these to the relevant Head of Education on a monthly basis.
- To have a fully completed lesson plan before each lesson, evaluation to be completed after the lesson. If teaching another group the lesson plans must be given to the appropriate tutor.
Main Duties - Assessor/ IQA
- Adhere to all established systems within the department and implement any changes only as requested/authorised by management
- Monitoring of programme area attendance from reports received produced for Head of Education and Training
- To maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Commit to the college and department’s targets
- Continually improve standards of quality assurance systems
- Ensure resources and materials are efficiently monitored
- To manage the QA/IQA on all programmes to include employer workshops and any programmes.
- To monitor the QA/IQA plans for the year and to collate these together to form a department plan.
- Conduct and Monitor the direct observations of the assessment team and provide feedback on areas of future training and development needs to the Head of Education and Training
- Monitoring of the QA/IQA sampling process of all programme areas and for those assessors designated to you, ensuring that all units/assessors/learners are included, and reports to be feedback to the Deputy Head of Education and Training and LIQA.
You MUST be have the following experience / qualifications -
- Fitness instructing Level 2
- Personal training Level 3
- Circuits certificate
- Spin certificate
- Kettle bells certificate
- Teaching experience - including teaching qualifications
- Active IQ syllabus experience
- Recognised Assesssor's qualification
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading college with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job