The business and the role
Our client is one of the most well-known names in the demand response sector and it is fair to say their products touch the lives of millions. If your passion is Firmware and you love the IoT sector this could well be the position for you. This position is part of a close knit friendly team where your work can and will be valued and make a substantial difference to the product.
Senior Firmware Engineer Main Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of firmware for our next-generation utility information device
- Testing of firmware
- Creation of firmware for hardware test fixtures and ad-hoc prototypes
- Liaison with Delivery and Battery teams
- Support of fielded products
- Solution design for new customer integrations
- Supporting the existing installed base of Linux-based Power Information Pods
Senior Firmware Engineer Key Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of test-driven development
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design expertise
- 4+ years of systems analysis and design experience
- Knowledge of embedded system development
- Understanding of I2C, UARTs and Ethernet
- Experience with REST APIs and HTTP
- Familiarity with Linux
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to drive issue resolution through to completion
- Knowledge of Modbus and similar industrial protocols
- Understanding of USB would advantageous
- Experience with mobile data networks (GSM/LTE)
If you feel your firmware engineer skills "fit the bill" please apply for this role and for more firmware roles please contact us directly or visit the Alfen webpage.
- Embedded Software
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'