Axiom are partnering a dynamic multinational Media company in Reading who are looking to recruit an ambitious and confident Senior Finance Manager to lead the monthly reporting and financial statements for the business and deputise for the Financial Controller as appropriate.
About the role:
- To lead and be responsible for the monthly reporting for the whole UK business; ensuring financial systems, procedures and reports are maintained.
- To lead and be responsible for the creation of statutory financial statements for 5 UK legal entities.
- To be responsible for the corporate taxation calculations, working closely with the UK tax manager in the event of any queries
- To develop, set and maintain Service Level Agreements and timetables in respect of the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the above to the relevant internal and external customers
- To be responsible for the ongoing compliance of the business with IFRS and the Group’s accounting policies
- To support the Financial Controller in the delivery of corporate tasks and objectives, assuming responsibility for the delivery of a range of tasks
- To identify opportunities for information or quality improvements within the wider Financial Accounting & Reporting team, supporting the Financial Controller to ensure every opportunity is taken to develop and enhance the provision of an expert financial reporting and accounting function to the company
- Deputise for the Financial Controller as appropriate, requiring a wide understanding of the main issues affecting the company and interrelated links
- Assist in the development of staff in the wider Financial Accounting & Reporting team to meet the changing requirements of the company and the group
- Creation of the monthly actual profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow statement results in the reporting system for ultimate review and approval by the Financial Controller, ensuring that the data is complete, accurate and agrees to the underlying accounting system
- Creation of the statutory financial statements and all supporting documentation for multiple legal entities, to timetables agreed with the Financial Controller, Group Finance and the external auditors
- To maintain, streamline and update the financial statement creation under the reduced disclosure requirements of FRS101
- To act as key liaison with the external audit team, to include facilitating the provision of information at the interim and final audit stages and leading the resolution of audit issues identified
- Collation and provision of statutory information to Group Finance for use within the wider group’s statutory financial statements
- Preparation of corporation tax schedules for quarterly payments, budget, forecast and compliance and tagging for both internal and external customers
- To ensure that business maintains continual compliance with IFRS and the Group’s accounting policies, and to act as key liaison with the Group FC to ensure that the development and implementation of Group accounting policies are appropriate to the UK business
- To ensure that balance sheet provisions are in accordance with IFRS, Group accounting policies and explainable to external parties such as the auditors, while meeting the commercial requirements of the Company
- Ensure open communication with both internal and external customers.
- Set, meet and exceed service level agreements with those parties.
- Attend relevant meetings to ensure kept up-to-date with developments that affect all the primary responsibilities of the role.
- Internal Customers - UK Finance, Group Finance, Group Tax
- External Customers - Auditors, Tax Auditors, Caseware
- Qualified accountant (ideally ACA or ACCA with practice training background) with at least 2+ years PQE
- Strong technical knowledge, and practical application, of International Financial Reporting Standards and the reduced disclosure requirements of FRS101
- Strong time and project management skills - the ability to remain good-humoured under pressure, respond with appropriate pace and energy, and keep all relevant parties continually and appropriately informed of progress or barriers to success.
- Strong systems skills - ideally SAP, COGNOS. Must have good Word and Excel.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Financial Reporting
- Statutory Accounts
- Month End Close
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job