Senior Financial Reporting Accountant - Glasgow - Excellent Daily Rate
I am presently working on a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join an industry leading financial service group in Glasgow city centre! This role has a highly competitive rate on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development!
Purpose of Position - Are you this person?
The department is comprised of a number of different functions responsible for NAV production, monthly OEFA oversight controls and statutory and financial statements reporting services for UK Open Ended Investment Companies, Unit Trusts and UK administered SICAV’s and Dublin funds
To produce interim and year-end financial statements in accordance with all regulations pertaining to the above fund types and in accordance with client service level agreements.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Financial Reporting Accountant role
- To meet client KPI’s and service delivery commitments
- To review and sign off interim and year end individual and aggregated financial statements for assigned funds
- Timely completion of internal team management information
- To support the update and maintenance of financial reporting templates within Co-Reporter
- Ensuring Client, Internal and Regulatory change is implemented with no detrimental impact to client service delivery
- Close liaison and relationship management with the Co-Reporter Hub in Luxembourg, including the management of system updates as part of the change process
- Working closely with Fund Accounting and Shared Service teams in ensuring integrity of fund data and managing responses to Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians and other departments within Securities Services for those funds assigned responsibility for.
Risk and Control
- Assess team processes to improve efficiency, control and to reduce risk
- Support both Senior Manager and Assistant Manager in ensuring all significant activities are documented within procedures, kept up-to-date and recorded on the procedure database
- Support both Senior Manager and Assistant Manager in ensuring all checklists utilised in review and sign off clearly document controls and are kept up-to-date
- Support training and development of team members
- Timely escalation of any issues to Assistant Manager
- Corrective and preventative action if deadlines / quality standards are at risk
- Maintaining training and continuing competency (T&C)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid numerical and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and regulations pertaining to CISs
- Time management and planning skills
- Being responsible, reliable and accountable
- Professional accounting qualification
- Experience working in the Financial Services Sector
- Experience working in a related role preferred, dealing with Open Ended Collective Investment Schemes
Please contact Neil Greene at HRC Recruitment for further information
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job