Our client is a small but growing Independent Discretionary Services Wealth Management and Financial Management company based in London
They are seeking to recruit a senior consultant who has substantial experience with high net worth clients and who has a transferrable client bank of circa £15m. The consultant will be used to working in a fee charging practice and would have consistently achieved high levels of new business fees, ideally £200,000 plus per year during the past 3 years
The consultants will be targeted with moving their clients into the Discretionary Service as well as in the development of new business with their own clients and Business Introducers.
They will need to be experienced in all areas of financial planning and have achieved at least Diploma Status with the aim of becoming chartered within 2 years, if you have not already achieved this status
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Looking after and developing their portfolio of clients on a fee basis.
- Seek and develop new external business opportunities.
- Provide technical support for the business, as required.
The candidate should be reasonably experienced in all areas of financial planning covering investments, pensions, protection planning and corporate financial planning.. The candidate should have a reasonable understanding of portfolio construction and asset allocation, although this responsibility will lie with the Investment Committee. The candidate should be experienced in obtaining business from professionals.
The required attributes can be summarised as follows:
- An ability to meet clients’ expectations and provide them with a regular comprehensive level of service along with the ability to develop new business.
- Hardworking and prepared to go the "the extra mile" to ensure that work is done on time and at a high standard.
- High attention to detail.
- Comfortable preparing letters and reports.
- Able to work under pressure to meet specific targets and deadlines.
- Possesses a team ethic and prepared to assist others.
- Well-spoken and confident dealing with a wide range of individuals including clients and other professionals.
- Prepared to learn and invest time to maximize their potential.
This is a challenging job where we will provide the successful candidate with every opportunity to develop their career in our forward thinking , multi award winning company.