Our client, an international Group of businesses are seeking to appoint an experienced and high calibre Financial Controller to lead and manage the UK finance function. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading business with an enviable reputation in a fast paced and challenging environment.
This is a large and complex role, reporting to the CFO and leading and motivating a sizeable finance team. The Financial Controller will take responsibility for the delivery of all financial reporting requirements, ensuring accurate and insightful information is provided to support the senior management team in making business critical decisions.
- Leading the monthly reporting cycle, ensuring results are reported to tight timeframes with an overview of position versus plan, highlighting any variances
- Ensuring robust processes and controls are in place, taking a continuous improvement approach
- Cash flow management - understanding and reporting the cash position of the UK business and looking at opportunities to maximise the use of free cash
- Undertaking a quarterly review of the balance sheet
- Leading the month end and year end process, ensuring all statutory requirements are met, including VAT, tax and review of the statutory accounts
- Adopting a business partnering approach, developing relationships both internally and externally, to include key contact with the commercial team, external auditors and HMRC
- Project based work - varying projects including review of business entities, review of business structure, IT improvement projects and reviewing allocation of cash
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and possess significant experience operating at senior management level within a large company environment. Experience managing and leading a team is also crucial, together with a strong financial accounting skillset, including statutory accounts, financial reporting, VAT and exposure to tax. International experience would be advantageous together with recent experience with an integrated ERP system.
This experience, married with the ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and a strong understanding of the importance of core finance working with commercial functions, will be key. This is an excellent opportunity to join a business with an enviable reputation in a challenging and influential role. Some travel to different sites in the South will be required.
- Commercial Awareness
- Financial Accounting
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'