Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Central Bristol
Job Sector: Professional Services
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: on application, competitive plus excellent benefits
Job Reference: VL/20555
To meet the needs of the business through financial reporting, accurate forecasting of financial forecasting.
To ensure appropriate financial controls are in place to ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations, policies and best practice and all necessary reporting and filing deadlines are met.
Specific duties will include:
- You will be the business lead on the preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Regular review meetings with budget holders.
- Analysis of variances in income and expenditure.
- Involvement with the business planning process.
- Apportionment of central overhead costs to departments.
- Preparation and appraisal of project budgets.
- Maintenance of the integrity of nominal ledger and other systems.
- Work with the systems accountant to ensure control account and subsidiary ledger balancing and integrity.
- Work with budget holders to help them identify opportunities for more efficient and cost effective service delivery.
- Ad-hoc audits of the effectiveness of financial controls.
- Preparation of the consolidated annual financial statements including individual subsidiary entity accounts.
- Coordination of the annual audit with our external auditors.
- Production of quarterly accounts and overhead expenditure accounts and capex reports.
- Preparation of profit share schedules.
- Coordination of the production P&L account analysis and associated schedules and reports for general control and tax purposes.
- Coordination of the production reconciliations of all relevant control accounts.
- Production of monthly cashflow reports and forecasts.
- Production of management journals, including monthly payroll journal.
- Review and development of financial reporting and forecasting models and reports.
- Production of quarterly VAT returns and associated filing and payments for all group companies.
- Production of various ad hoc reports such as supplier payment regulations reporting.
- You will be part of the department’s leadership team.
- Drive positive change through departmental projects and initiatives seeking opportunities to improve processes, procedures and outcomes.
- Participate in the specification and testing of system changes and upgrades.
- Active participation in the overall management of the department.
- Management, development and appraisal of staff, ensuring that resource is deployed and supervised appropriately.
- Qualified accountant with relevant experience.
- The role would suit an ACA/ACCA with some post qualification experience possibly seeking their first move from practice into industry or a Financial Accountant currently working in industry seeking a new challenge.
- Collaborative team leader.
- Ability to form effective relationships.
- Management of own work and deliverables, monitor own and team performance.
- Ability to build relationships with internal customers.
- Ability to communicate and present to individuals and groups at all levels.
- Professional, diplomatic with strong negotiation skills.
- Self-starting sees opportunities.
- Dependable and competent.
- Confident communicator.
- Foresee issues and implications and identify solutions.
- Flexible to meet the demands of a busy department and firm.
- Experience of working within a professional services environment would be beneficial.
- Technical knowledge of relevant Financial Standards, SRA Accounts Rules (desirable), VAT regulations and other regulations.
- IT skills - strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Aderant Expert would be an advantage.
- Analytical skills and experience in business process mapping.
- Ability to identify and actively promote improvements to processes and procedures.
Benefits to include:
Core hours 9 - 5pm
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"