Newly created Senior Financial Accountant position, with a leading Energy business in Swindon
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant for a leading Energy Business in Swindon. This is an excellent opportunity to join the business at a time of growth and change and really make your mark on the business for the future.
The business are looking to set up new processes for Pension reporting and Group Consolidations, which means you will have the opportunity to be involved in the implementation of a new Consolidation system and the ability to mould and shape this new role and its processes.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Statements, you will work with the wider Finance teams, building relationships with multiple internal stakeholders across Group and external parties.
In this brand new role, you will need to be pro-active in your approach and have the ability to be flexible as they continue to change how they do things. Strong communication and stakeholder management skills are required as you will be partnering with multiple areas and stakeholders at all levels.
Being an experienced Senior Financial Accountant is a must and you will also have the passion to make your mark and make the role really yours.
You will be:
- A Qualified Accountant with a significant and in depth financial accounting background, preferably gained in a Group role.
- Highly developed prioritisation and delegation skills to enable various tasks to be completed accurately, on time and to a high standard.
- Strong end to end process management skills with strength of character to enforce disciplines whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable overall approach.
- A strong working knowledge of financial accounting standards and their practical application (IAS & UK GAAP) and the self drive and motivation to develop knowledge further.
- Genuine enthusiasm and interest in working in a group finance department.
- Consolidation and / or pensions knowledge would be a significant advantage
Up to £60k + Excellent benefits
- Senior Financial Accountant