Key responsibilities will include:
• In conjunction with the Manager, for new or emerging technical accounting issues, investigate accounting treatment liaising and gaining sign off.
• Provide technical advice and training as requested to support the other Finance, Risk and Strategy teams and projects, and other business areas. Key areas of focus over the next 3 years are the new/changed accounting standards namely, IFRS 9, IFRS 16 and IFRS 17.
• Assist in the preparation of statutory financial accounts of each UK entity in accordance with relevant accounting standards
• Ensure accounts are audited as required and completed, signed and submitted to the Registrar of Companies by the applicable deadlines and signed accounts submitted to HMRC to support annual corporation tax returns
• In conjunction with the Manager, maintain a repository of standard notes and disclosures for each reporting basis (FRS 101 and 102 and IFRS) to ensure all accounts are prepared on a consistent basis.
• Oversee the implementation of a new software package to facilitate standardisation of statutory accounts and production in a more efficient manner.
Is this role of interest? You will be a qualified accountant with strong technical accounting knowledge either in practice or outside of practice with previous exposure to accounting for financial service entities under IFRS. In return you will be well-remunerated and join an organisation that champions work / life balance and offers clear career progression and support.
Please contact Laura Vatter for further information.